Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer is flying by faster than ever this year. We wrapped up our last show this past weekend in Bar Harbor and Maine's awesome country fair  Common Ground is still a month away, Plenty of time to garden,  work in the studio and soak up time "pond-gazing" .   If you live in Maine, or have every spent any time here you know how serious we are about our food.  This year our garden is really going strong , I've gotten in a couple attempts at making chevre (mostly successful!), Lobster is cheap, our neighbors are having a pig roast. Charlie is out right now searching for mushrooms....
What can I say? It's humid and I'm not missing blowing glass at all! Occasionally there is a little inkling of an idea that starts bubbling away in my brain, but its pretty fleeting. Now is the time to enjoy people coming into the glass gallery , family and friends. Seasonal is Good!!!!


1 comment:

Kiki said...

Hi! I was recently in Maine for vacation and discovered your work in the coop at Boothbay Harbor. I LOVE these glasses - your End of the Day glasses, I think they are called. I am going to post these on my Facebook page and am going to put in an order for my Christmas present. I haven't seen anything so beautiful since I went to a glass studio on the Ile de Brehat in Brittany, France. Your work is gorgeous!!